Italian SCM summit
Call for contributions:
We are looking for two kinds of contributions:
- Open Space sessions: an Open Space session is 45 minutes of which you would like to spend the
final 10 minutes or so on summarizing the outcome of your Open Space with the help of the participants.
Open Space sessions are primarily meant for things like a problem that has bothered you for a long time,
but you haven't manage to solve yet - or a vague idea that has haunted you for some time, but where the mist
is still keeping you from seeing it clearly. Then an Open Space session is a possibility to get 45 minutes
of free help from a group of SCM experts during a focused brainstorm session on your problem/idea - and
could maybe also result in a presentation for the next SCM summit ;-)
This is what is required from you for an Open Space session:
- a title and a 2-4 sentence abstract describing the Open Space (now)
- two-three slides about your Open Space - presented at the beginning of the Open Space to "set the scene"
(at the summit)
- Presentations: presentation slots at the SCM summit are 45 minutes, of which people usually spend
30-35 minutes on the actual presentation and leave 10-15 minutes for questions and discussions. But you
are free to use your slot as you seem fit.
Presentations are primarily meant for things that you have actually done
and where there is a result to present. It might be a smart solution or trick that you have found, it might
be some problem or difficult "situation" that you have identified and analysed - or an interesting observation
(or opinion) about configurarion management in general that you would like to share and discuss with others.
This is what is required from you for a Presentation:
- a title and a 5-10 sentence abstract describing the purpose and contents of your presentation (now)
- a number of slides for the actual presentation (at the summit)
If you want to contribute to the Italian SCM summit, send an email to
Lars Bendix (firstname.lastname@example.org)
with your ideas no later than September 29.
I will be more than happy to help you bring your loose ideas into the form of a presentation or an Open Space
session if you need a little guidance.