Scandinavian Network of Excellence
Software Configuration Management
Scandinavian SCM day
Call for contributions:
We are looking for two kinds of contributions:
- Open Space sessions: an Open Space session is 30 minutes of which you would like to spend the
final 5 minutes or so on summarizing the outcome of your Open Space with the help of the participants - and
produce the one-two slides that you are going to present in the plenary (20 minutes of audience discussion).
Open Space sessions are primarily meant for things like a problem
that has bothered you for a long time, but your haven't manage to solve yet - or a vague idea that
has haunted for some time, but where the mist is still keeping you from seeing it clearly. Then an
Open Space session is a possibility to get 50 minutes of free help from a group of SCM
experts during a focused brainstorm session on your problem/idea and guided/facilitated by
you - and could maybe also result in a presentation for next year's SCM day ;-)
This is what is required from you for an Open Space session:
- a title and a 2-4 sentence abstract describing the Open Space (now)
- two-three slides about your Open Space - presented at the start of the Open Spaces setting the scene
for your Open Space (at the SCM day)
- one-two slides summarizing the outcome of your Open Space discussions - to be presented and discussed
in the plenary session after the Open Spaces
- Presentations: presentation slots at the SCM day are 45 minutes, of which people usually spend
25-30 minutes on the actual presentation and leave 15-20 minutes for questions and discussions. But you
are free to use your slot as you seem fit.
Presentations are primarily meant for things that you have actually done
and where there is a result to present. It might be a smart solution or trick that you have found, it might
be some problem of difficult "situation" that you have identified and analysed - or an interesting observation
(or opinion) about configurarion management in general that you would like to share and discuss with others.
This is what is required from you for a Presentation:
- a title and a 4-6 sentence abstract describing the purpose and contents of your presentation (now)
- a number of slides for the actual presentation (at the SCM day)
If you want to contribute to the Scandinavian SCM day, send an email to
Lars Bendix (bendix@sneSCM.org)
with your proposal no later than April 22.
I will be more than happy to help you bring your loose ideas into the form of an Open Space session
or a presentation if you need a little guidance.