Scandinavian Network of Excellence
Software Configuration Management
Italian SCM summit, Parma/Pavia, Italy.
The Italian SCM summit is an opportunity for people from academia and industry with a passion
for Software Configuration Management to get together twice a year to discuss SCM, exchange ideas
and share problems.
The next Italian SCM summit will be in April/May, 2019 in Pavia.
Previous Italian SCM summits:
At the SCM summit you will:
- be able to further your formal and informal SCM education
- get new information and inspiration you can bring back home
- listen to presentations of problems and results from the research world
- listen to presentations of problems and solutions from the industry world
- meet colleagues with whom you can discuss and share your frustrations - and ideas
- Closer distance and lower cost (than you going to the
Scandinavian SCM Day
in Copenhagen), more homogeneous "culture", same language
- I love it (and know something about it) - and you do too. So let's enjoy ourselves!
Why a "summit"?
- because face-to-face meetings and discussions are so much more productive and enjoyable.
- restricting the number of participants make sure that we have active and intense discussions.
Why "late October"?
- I am usually in Italy (Parma) at that time.
- for some years I have been teaching a course on
in Parma and the local Computer Science Department has volunteered to provide room and local organization help.
Why a Spring Summit in April?
- Italians seem to be too impatient to wait 12 months for the next summit
- it gives me an excuse to go to Italy one more time ;-)
- People from FacilityLive have for several years
been consistent and very active participants in our summits. Now they have generously offered to host our Spring
Summit so we have a possibility to get physically closer to Milano and to establish contacts and collaboration
with UniversitÓ di Pavia.
If you have questions or want to be notified of updates, please send an email to: